GENERAL OPERATIONS GUIDE
1.General. Live firing conducted at the outdoor rifle/pistol range and shotgun fields is designed to provide authorized personnel access to a facility where they can become proficient with privately-owned guns. The rifle/pistol range is designed for practice with single projectile firearms. The skeet and trap fields near the clubhouse area are designed for use with shotguns firing shotshells.
2. Facilities for use. Range availability times are defined by the board of directors.
3. Live fire only on defined ranges
SHOOTING TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS
1. Authorized personnel
3. You must post your "Range Card" on the bulletin board while shooting.
4. Eye and ear protection is required.
5. First shooter entering range should activate "Range Hot" sign. Last shooter leaving range should deactivate "Range Hot" sign.
6. Only one shooting position (bench) is permitted per member.
7. Fire only authorized guns and ammunition. Rifles smaller than .50 caliber center fire; pistols and shotguns any caliber or gauge. No tracer or armor-piercing ammunition. Shot shells fired should be limited to shot shell patterning only. Rifled slugs and saboted slugs only.
8. The right table/platform is intended for use by handgun or rim fire rifle shooters only. The right six benches are to be used for the 100 yard range, only. The left four benches are to be used for the 200 and 300 yard ranges, only. The 400 yard bench will only be used if the range is clear and there are no other shooters at the range. Should another shooter arrive to use the range the solitary shooter at the 400 yard bench will cease firing immediately. Any and all shooters have priority over the shooter at the 400 yard bench. No cross-firing allowed.
9. Fire at authorized targets, only.
10. Personnel responsibilities.
11. "Cease Fire" or "Time" must be called prior to any shooter moving forward of the firing line.
12. Alcoholic Beverages and Drugs. Shooters may not consume alcoholic beverages or drugs (including prescription and over-the-counter medications) before or during live firing.
13. Medical Support. In the event of a medical emergency call 911 and notify the Range Safety Officer, a club officer or director immediately. The 911 address for the rifle/pistol range is 1342 Barringer Road.
14. Scheduled Events.
ęCopyright 2003 Ilion Fish and Game Club
All rights Reserved, USA and Worldwide. Any use other than
personal viewing is prohibited.